Jul 26, 2011

Jogja! I'm in love : Day 2

Ullen Sentalu

First stop, a friend recommended this place, she said its beautiful yet spooky. Got me more excited to come.. so here we are, at Ullen Sentalu, a museum of Keraton's culture created by a brilliant man named Mr.Haryono. First heard it, I suddenly think what a really beautiful name, turns out it had a beautiful meaning too.

Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lumaka ; nyala pelita penuntun perjalanan hidup
(a flame guiding lamp of life's journey)

too bad we're not allowed to take a picture inside the museum.But, one thing..I do feel ashamed, this people really know how to treat and preserve their culture. Its beautiful and touchy. I don't have a word for it.You just have to come by yourself then bam!! you're gonna fall in love with Jogja..Just like I did :')


Taman Sari

This place is part of Keraton's. It has a pool inside, which in the past used by the princess to shower and bath, and then the prince will come peering through the window and choose which ones appeal to his heart. Sounds cute and smells selfish :) If you follow the footpath, you're gonna find an underground mosque. Too bad its really crowded that day so I couldn't get a nice picture :(


Vredeburg

Ok, I think its a fort. Going inside you'll gonna find a lot of diorama which you never seen before (well, I haven't,until now;) The diorama is about the war of independence, the mighty General Soedirman and then declaration of our independence. It have a button that will give voice conversation when you push it. We've got goosebumps when we push relief of reading the proclamation and we can hear Soekarno's voice read the text. So interesting!!!! I do in love with Jogja.. I really do.



Time to go back to Jakarta :'(

Holiday's over. We'll come back to Jogja. Soon!!!
I left my heart at Jogja :')
Look at our happy laugh