Jul 21, 2011

its Tim...Its Burton


Had a fun early dinner wif my elementary friend at Innako toys cafe at St.Senopati. Just a fine place -I'll picked Stroberi cafe instead - but the interesting point, they displayed a lot of cartoon character. This one below really stole my attention


Tim Burton's one of my favorite director, not just because his favorite actor is Mr.Depp (*wink) , I always like his differences. Strong one. Let's name, Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street - musical of the same name by Stephen Sondheim; again, a horror movie I LOVE. To me, this is Burton's best film; everything was so. PERFECT. Maybe I'm a little biased, because I'm a bit of a musicals freak as well, but everyone just hit the nail on the head in this - and who would have thought Johnny could sing?? ; Edward Scissorhands - original; and it's absolutely brilliant, simply gorgeous. ; Batman Returns - Batman comic books e.t.c.; his first sequel, though not as good as the first, I don't think, it's even darker than the first. Loved Michelle Pfeiffer's performance as Catwoman and CHRISTOPHER WALKEN'S IN IT, so of course I like this movie (I have a strange love for Christopher Walken, and I'm not quite sure why...) ; Sleepy Hollow - 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' by Washington Irving; damn, this is one horror movie I LOVE. Absolutely love the atmosphere, the characters, the flippin' cinematography: I believe this actually is one of the most beautiful horror movies ever made (I used to think it THE most beautiful, but then I watched Let the Right One In) ;Corpse Bride - original, but based off an ancient Russian folk-tale; I. LOVE. THIS. MOVIE. SO. MUCH. IT'S. SO. BEAUTIFUL. I. CAN'T. FAULT. IT. SO. DON'T. MAKE. ME. TRY. ; The Nightmare Before Christmas - original, but based off Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas; this is a wonderful wonderful movie, and the only Xmas movie you can watch in October! Characters are amazing, animation is amazing, music is amazing, just the magic of it all is AMAZING.


I do reckon some of his trademark on making a movie. Such as often does the beginning credits sequence with the camera going through something , He often likes to open his films with a quiet night time snowfall, Many of his films feature townspeople who misunderstand and/or distrust the lead character,Long unwashed hair & large sunglasses, Effective use of musical interludes, Black clothing, Frequently features dead or dismembered dogs, His films often have a Gothic feel to them, often including Christmas and/or Halloween scenes, and many others.Did you realize it too?
Fancy.



Anyway, What if Tim Burton directed all the Harry Potter Movies?
Dark,of course.
He probably would have had Johnny Depp playing Snape.Lol